|Dimensions||26.5 × 20 × 0.5 cm|
During the winter of 1955 a large-scale security operation was carried out by british troops in north Cyprus at the western end of the kyrenia mountains. during this operation a small unit of no. 45 commando, royal marines, commanded by Lieutenant P. J. F. Mcintosh, R. M., was engaged in searching the upper slopes of the mountains on seaward side to find caves and other types of possible hiding places. On Sunday, November 6th, the unit was operating within the village lands of Vasilia when the cave which forms the subject of this paper was discovered.